The clients of JMD Training and Consultancy range from large corporate organisations, through to large government departments, SMEs such as firms of solicitors and marketing companies, right though to restaurants, home-based companies and private individuals. We train housing associations and college staff. We have also trained for charities, to whom we offer a 10% discount.
Our clients include:
- Microsoft Access training – from Peoples Postcode Lottery to Elmbridge Housing Association
- Microsoft Excel training – from Britvic to VANS footwear
- Microsoft PowerPoint training – from a dentist to Communities and Local Government
- Microsoft Project training – from Lufthansa to local authorities, from Siemens to International Synergies Ltd
- Microsoft Outlook training – from Grimme UK Ltd to Borough Councils
- Microsoft Word training – from Belron International to Paragon Community Housing
- Crystal Reports training – from NATO in Naples to United Nations in Geneva
- Office 2007 upgrade training – from NHS Purchasing and Supplies Agency to Fisher Meredith solicitors
- Office 2010 upgrade training – to institutions such as International Bar Association
- Project Management training – to organisations such as Government Offices for the Regions
- Train the Trainer training – from library staff to ….
….. we could have included loads more but you get the picture.
Case Study – Fisher Meredith Solicitors
We were approached by Fisher Meredith in March 2010 by their HR Manager who wanted to update the IT skills of the firm. The solicitors would not find it easy to attend conventional computer training courses as they had to put in six hours of chargeable work each day. We were therefore asked whether we could go into the firm on a regular basis giving two two-hour and one one-hour training workshop in a day, with any additional time being spent in helping individual staff or floorwalking.
We therefore devised a series of workshops including
- Time Management using Microsoft Outlook
- Creating and using Microsoft Word forms
- Using the Fisher Meredith Word Style Guide and Templates
- Using Word Mailmerge
- Tracking Changes in Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Word Tables, Tabs and other Formatting
- Formatting Long Documents in Microsoft Word
- Short Microsoft Excel workshops
However, on discovering that the majority of the firm were still using Office 2000, we decided that it would be more beneficial if they upgraded to Microsoft Office first. This was done in stages; as each group had Office 2007 installed, we went in for the day, gave 2 hour Microsoft Office 2007 upgrade workshops, floorwalked to answer any questions arising and installed various individualised Word templates such as letterheads and fax headers.
Once everyone was upgraded, we started on the above series of workshops and also gave 1-1 training to those most requiring it.
This year we have been back in to give a day’s tailored Microsoft Excel training to the Costings department, making improvements to their workbooks to improve their efficiency.
Future workshops include Back to Basics training for those who have always used a dictating service to more advanced workshops in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.