Windows XP Training courses
If you're looking for really great Windows XP Training you're in the right place.
Companies large and small choose us - why? Your own tailored, Windows XP Training course, at your own premises at the same price as a standard course from elsewhere.
The JMD Training difference is clear:
- We come to you - your Windows XP Training will be given on your site
- You get to keep the manuals - Windows XP training manuals are provided as PDFs
- We can train using your own Microsoft Windows environment
- There will only be people from your company on your course
- We offer a money-back guarantee if any delegates are not completely satisfied
- The training date is around you, not us!
- Our prices are astounding
- We can assess all learners in advance for free
- Our courses are never cancelled
|Course Type||Cost per day|
|1 to 1 training||£325|
|2 to 4 delegates||£495|
|5 to 8 delegates||£695|
Prices are PER DAY, and NOT per-person! E.g. if there's 5 people on the course, you pay £695. All prices exclude VAT
Other Microsoft Windows training courses
Aims of the course
This course aims to introduce delegates to the desktop environment and Windows operating system.
On completion of the course delegates will know about the basic functions of a personal computer and its operating system. They will be able to:
- Operate effectively within the desktop environment
- Mange and organise files and folders
- Copy, move and delete files and folders
- Work with desktop icons
- Manipulate windows
- Use search features
- Use simple editing tools
- Use print management facilities
The course is of one day's duration.
How the course is run
This instructor-led course has a hands-on approach, with plenty of opportunity for delegates to practise the new skills they learn at the computer.
- First Steps with the Computer - including starting the computer, shutting the computer down properly, restarting the computer, viewing the computer's basic system information, viewing the computer's desktop configurations, formatting a disk, using available Help functions
- Working with Icons - including selecting, moving, recognising basic desktop icons, creating a desktop shortcut icon
- Working with Windows - including recognising different parts of a desktop window, reducing, enlarging, resizing, scaling and closing a desktop window, recognising different parts of an applications window, moving windows on the desktop, reducing, enlarging, resizing, scaling and closing an applications window, moving between open windows
- Directories/Folders - including understanding the basic directory and folders structure on a computer, creating a folder and subfolder, examining a folder, viewing folder attributes, recognising the most widely used types of files in a folder, viewing folder attributes, renaming files and folders
- Copying, Moving, Deleting - including selecting an individual file, selecting adjacent and non-adjacent files, copying and pasting files within folders to make a duplicate copy, making backup copies of data to disks, cutting and pasting to move files within folders, deleting files from one or more folders, deleting folders
- Searching - including the Find tool to locate a files or folder, searching by name, date created, file or folder type
- Using a Text Editing Application - including launching an editing application or word processing program and creating a file, saving the file to a folder, saving the file on to floppy disk, closing the editing application
- Printing - including being able to print from an installed printer, changing the default printer from an installed printer list, viewing a print job's progress from a desktop print manager
We provide Windows training courses, Microsoft Office training courses, other IT training courses and Personal Development training courses in London, Richmond, Twickenham, Kingston, Hounslow, Brentford, Putney, Kingston, Wimbledon, Walton-on-Thames, Chiswick, Teddington, Hampton, Feltham, Acton, Ealing, Heathrow, Egham, Staines, Hanwell, Sunbury, Hammersmith, Fulham, Greenford, Clapham, Chertsey, Woking, Weybridge, Wandsworth, Middlesex, Surrey, the M25 corridor, High Wycombe and beyond. We will travel further if expenses are covered.
For Microsoft Windows XP training courses Sydney, Australia, please visit our sister site at http://www.jmdtraining.com.au/it-training/microsoft-windows-training/windows-xp-training