SQL Query Training Courses
If you’re looking for really great SQL training you’re in the right place.
Companies large and small choose us – why? Your own tailored, two day SQL training course, at your own premises at the same price as a standard course from elsewhere.
If you have a SQL database, learning how to query it using SQL will help you get the required information quickly from the database.
You will learn how to connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query, how to include search conditions and use various functions to perform calculations on data. You will discover how to organise data and retrieve data from tables. You will be taught how to format outputs, save results and generate reports
The JMD Training difference is clear:
- We come to you - your SQL training will be given on your site
- You get to keep the manuals - SQL training manuals are provided as PDFs
- We can train using your own SQL databases
- There will only be people from your company on your course
- We offer a money-back guarantee if any delegates are not completely satisfied
- The training date is around you, not us!
- Our prices are astounding
- We can assess all learners in advance for free
- Our courses are never cancelled
|Course Type||Cost per day|
|1 to 1 training||£425|
|2 to 4 delegates||£595|
|5 to 8 delegates||£795|
Prices are PER DAY, and NOT per-person! E.g. if there’s 5 people on the course, you pay £795 per day. All prices exclude VAT. Please note that this is a two day course.
Visit our blog If Only I’d Known That,; we have called it that because we hear it so many times in training sessions. In fact, if only we had an extra £100 for every time someone says “If only I’d known that.” ….
We deliver SQL training in London, Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Bath, Swindon, Reading, Bracknell, Newport, Swansea etc.
Clients who have benefitted from our SQL training include:
“Very good – trainer was very flexible so went at the speed that was suitable for the group – always checked with us if we had any questions”
SQL Training - Fundamentals of Querying
SQL Training Objectives
You will learn how to write SQL queries to retrieve information from a SQL database.
Individuals with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and who want to use SQL to query databases.
Basic end-user computer skills and some familiarity with database terminology and structure are required.
Upon successful completion of this two day course, students will be able to:
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data.
- Organize data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen.
- Retrieve data from tables.
- Format an output, save a result, and generate a report.
SQL Training Provisional Course Outline
Executing a Simple Query
- Connect to the SQL Database
- Query a Database
- Save a Query
- Modify a Query
- Execute a Saved Query
Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using a Simple Condition
- Compare Column Values
- Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Retrieve Data Based on Patterns
Working with Functions
- Perform Date Calculations
- Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
- Manipulate String Values
- Sort Data
- Rank Data
- Group Data
- Filter Grouped Data
- Summarise Grouped Data
- Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
Retrieving Data from Tables
- Combine Results of Two Queries
- Compare the Results of Two Queries
- Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
- Check for Unmatched Records
- Retrieve Information from a Single Table Using Joins
Presenting Query Results
- Save the Query Result
- Generate an XML Report
We provide SQL training courses, Microsoft Office training courses, other IT training courses and Personal Development training courses in London, Richmond, Twickenham, Kingston, Hounslow, Brentford, Putney, Kingston, Wimbledon, Walton-on-Thames, Chiswick, Teddington, Hampton, Feltham, Acton, Ealing, Heathrow, Egham, Staines, Hanwell, Sunbury, Hammersmith, Fulham, Greenford, Clapham, Chertsey, Woking, Weybridge, Wandsworth, Middlesex, Surrey, the M25 corridor, High Wycombe and beyond. We will travel further if expenses are covered.