Assertiveness Skills Training Courses
If you’re looking for really great Assertiveness Skills Training you’re in the right place.
Our Assertiveness Training courses are designed to teach the relevant skills to help increase your confidence, not only in the workplace, but in all areas of life, such as dealing with difficult family situations, poor customer service, etc.
Companies large and small choose us – why? Your own tailored, Assertiveness Skills Training course, at your own premises at the same price as a standard course from elsewhere.
The JMD Training difference is clear:
- We come to you - your Assertiveness Skills Training will be given on your site
- There will only be people from your company on your course
- We offer a money-back guarantee if any delegates are not completely satisfied
- The training date is around you, not us!
- Our prices are astounding
- We can assess all learners in advance for free
- Our courses are never cancelled
All Assertiveness Skills training can be adapted to the needs of the individual or organisation and we would encourage you to think about what you actually need from the training and contact us to discuss.
Organisations who have benefitted from our Assertiveness Skills training include:
- Kingston University
|Course Type||Cost per day|
|1 to 1 training||£475|
|2 to 4 delegates||£795|
|5 to 8 delegates||£1095|
Prices are PER DAY, and NOT per-person! E.g. if there’s 5 people on the course, you pay £1095. All prices exclude VAT
For further details, please fill in the contact form. If you are ready to book, please fill in the contact form with your first and second choice of date – if we cannot accommodate these dates we will give you a 10% discount and arrange a mutually convenient date within 24 hours.
Other Personal Development training courses
- Time Management Training
- Presentation Skills Training
- Train the Trainer
- Train the IT Trainer
- Project Management Training
- Effective Communication Skills Training
- Appraisal Skills training courses
- Coaching Skills Training
- Mentoring in the Workplace Training
- Dealing with Difficult Cases Training
- Interview Skills training
- Minute Taking training
- Business Writing Training
- Report Writing Training
- Handling Conflict Situations Training
- HR for Line Managers training
- Introduction to Management Training
- Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training
- Performance Management training
Aims of the course
To create assertive employees
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Define assertiveness
- Understand the concepts of self-esteem and self-confidence
- Become self-aware
- Overcome invisible barriers that hinder success
- Establish a more positive self-image
- Recognise assertive and aggressive behaviour
- Develop assertive behaviour
- Develop assertive body language
- Action plan
How the course is run
This instructor-led course has an interactive approach, with plenty of opportunities for learners to practise the new skills they learn.
Definition of assertiveness
- What is assertiveness?
- What is passive behaviour?
- What is aggressive behaviour?
- What is passive/aggressive (manipulative) behaviour?
Understanding self-confidence and self-esteem
- Reasons for poor self-confidence
- How to beat feeling self-conscious
- SMART goals
- Developing and maintaining self-confidence through:
A list of positive affirmations
Personal achievement reminders
- What is self-talk?
- Uses for self-talk: to change bad habits, for focusing, for changing moods, for controlling effort
- Identifying self-talk
- Techniques for controlling self-talk: thought stopping, changing negative thoughts to positive thoughts, countering
Identification of rights and entitlements
- Who has rights?
- How easy do you find it to accept your basic rights?
- What are our responsibilities?
Analysis of behavioural types
- Analysing behaviour in others
- Controlling tension
- Self analysis
Components of assertive behaviour
- What are the components of assertive behaviour?
- How do we mirror assertive behaviour?
Overcoming blocks to assertiveness
- Ingrained blocks
How to raise personal impact and power
- Key assertiveness techniques
Learning to accept compliments
Learning to say no
Dealing with passive and aggressive behaviour
- Techniques for entering discussion
- Techniques for negotiating
- Techniques for giving feedback in an assertive way
- Techniques for receiving feedback in an assertive way
We provide Assertiveness training courses, Personal Development training courses, Microsoft Office training courses and other IT training courses in London, Richmond, Twickenham, Kingston, Hounslow, Brentford, Putney, Kingston, Wimbledon, Walton-on-Thames, Chiswick, Teddington, Hampton, Feltham, Acton, Ealing, Heathrow, Egham, Staines, Hanwell, Sunbury, Hammersmith, Fulham, Greenford, Clapham, Chertsey, Woking, Weybridge, Wandsworth, Middlesex, Surrey, the M25 corridor, High Wycombe and beyond. We will travel further if expenses are covered.
For Assertiveness training courses Sydney, Australia, please visit our sister site at www.jmdtraining.com.au/personal-development-training/assertiveness-training/