Mentoring in the Workplace Training Courses
If you’re looking for really great Mentoring in the Workplace Training you’re in the right place.
Our Mentoring skills training courses are designed to teach the relevant skills to help delegates to empower their workforce by mentoring them to achieve success.
Companies large and small choose us – why? Your own tailored, Mentoring in the Workplace Training course, at your own premises at the same price as a standard course from elsewhere.
The JMD Training difference is clear:
- We come to you - your Mentoring in the Workplace Training will be given on your site
- You get to keep the manuals - Mentoring in the Workplace training manuals are provided as PDFs
- There will only be people from your company on your course
- We offer a money-back guarantee if any delegates are not completely satisfied
- The training date is around you, not us!
- Our prices are astounding
- We can assess all learners in advance for free
- Our courses are never cancelled
|Course Type||Cost per day|
|1 to 1 training||£475|
|2 to 4 delegates||£795|
|5 to 8 delegates||£1095|
Prices are PER DAY, and NOT per-person! E.g. if there’s 5 people on the course, you pay £1095. All prices exclude VAT
Other Personal Development training courses
- Time Management Training
- Presentation Skills Training
- Train the Trainer
- Train the IT Trainer
- Project Management Training
- Effective Communication Skills Training
- Appraisal Skills training courses
- Assertiveness Training
- Coaching Skills Training
- Dealing with Difficult Cases Training
- Interview Skills training
- Minute Taking training
- Business Writing Training
- Report Writing Training
- Handling Conflict Situations Training
- HR for Line Managers training
- Introduction to Management Training
- Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training
- Performance Management training
Aims of the Mentoring Skills course
- To create workplace mentors
- To provide support to people already providing a mentoring role
- To work towards creating a learning environment within the workplace
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Define mentoring
- Create the right climate for successful mentoring
- Understand the values of a good mentor
- Define core mentoring principles
- Motivate mentees
- Develop mentees' confidence and create positive behaviour
- Develop mental rehearsal and imagery training for mentees
- Gain commitment and buy-in from the mentee to drive forward an action plan
How the course is run
This instructor-led course has an interactive approach, with plenty of opportunities for learners to practise the new skills they learn.
Aims and objectives
Definition of mentoring
- What is mentoring?
- Differences between coaching and mentoring
- How mentoring will benefit your organisation
Creating the climate to mentor effectively
- What will help to create the right climate for a successful mentoring relationship?
- The phases of the mentoring relationship
Value issues in mentoring
- The values required by a mentor
- Establishing trust between mentor and mentee
Understanding and dealing with others when mentoring
- The learning cycle
- Learning styles
- Mentoring styles
- Conflicts between styles
- Goal setting
- Active listening
- Questioning techniques
- Giving information
- Problem solving
- Decision making
Motivating the mentee
- Definition of motivation
- Maslow's hierarchy of needs
- What are motivators to learning?
- How do we motivate?
Developing mentee self-confidence and creating positive behaviour
- Understanding, developing and maintaining self-confidence?
- What is self-talk?
- Using self-talk for changing bad habits, for focusing, for changing moods, for controlling effort
- Techniques for controlling self-talk
Mental rehearsal and imagery training for mentees
- How to beat feeling self-conscious
- What is the purpose of guided imagery?
- Using guided imagery with a mentee
Getting mentees to adhere to a mentoring programme
- Forming a contract between mentor and mentee
- Confirming the mentee's plan
- Encouraging self-management of learning
- Assisting in the evaluation of success
- Using a learning log
What's in it for the mentor?
Self assessment and action planning
We provide Mentoring in the Workplace development courses, Personal Development training courses, Microsoft Office training courses and other IT training courses in London, Richmond, Twickenham, Kingston, Hounslow, Brentford, Putney, Kingston, Wimbledon, Walton-on-Thames, Chiswick, Teddington, Hampton, Feltham, Acton, Ealing, Heathrow, Egham, Staines, Hanwell, Sunbury, Hammersmith, Fulham, Greenford, Clapham, Chertsey, Woking, Weybridge, Wandsworth, Middlesex, Surrey, the M25 corridor, High Wycombe and beyond. We will travel further if expenses are covered.
For Mentoring in the Workplace training courses Sydney, Australia, please visit our sister site at www.jmdtraining.com.au/personal-development-training/mentoring-in-the-workplace-training/